Anybody else really dig that "Feeling Kinda Sunday" commercial? I dunno, maybe its just me but between that and the "Had a Bad Day" nfl.com commercial and of coors all the non-Barry Switzer coors light "Hey Coach..." commercials, I'm really digging the advertising as of late.
On to the games. If yesterday was The Sizzler, today is Peter Luger's, yesterday was Gennesse, today is Budweiser, yesterday was the Mets, today is the Yankees....ok you get the point. Today's games showcase the two powerhouse teams, in my opinion, The Giants and The Steelers.
The Giants face a tough and hungry Philadelphia Eagles team who for the past few weeks have been playing a very dangerous brand of football, with McNabb and Reid essentially fearing for their lives, they have been playing/coaching like a man with nothing to lose, and thats a dangerous type of person to go against. Fresh of their dismantling of the Minnesota Vikings last week, the Eagles come into the Meadowlands ready. The key to stopping the Eagles is to, not stop him, because thats impossible, but minimize the damage done by Brian Westbrook. Last time these two faced off, Antonio Peirce was assigned to spy him all game, didn't work. Westrbook went off for 131 rushing yards and another 72 in the air, two touchdowns and 39 touches on the day. Nice job Peircey... The Giants will need to establish the run early on, and keep Philly guessing, if Manning is forced into 5 step drops again and again, he will get slaughtered, the key is get those yards on 1st and 2nd down so those pass rushers can't tee off. I like The Giants 27 - Eagles 24.
The afternoon game pits the pesky, left for dead San Diego SUPER Chargers and boy genius Norv Turner, against the Steelers, with defensive player of the year James Harrison and Big Game Big Ben. I know that the Chargers snuck one by Peyton and the Colts last week, but without LT their rushing attack doesn't stand a chance, I don't care how "elusive" Darren Sproles is. Troy Polamalu will find him, and he will destroy him. A guy like Sproles can only take so many big hits, and there will be so many. Look for a safe game from Big Ben, with no turnovers, and the Pittsburgh D to shutdown any hopes of San Diego running the ball. I like Steelers 24 - Chargers 17.
1 comment:
I only read the first paragraph of this post, because it's all that I needed. Those are my two favorite commercials EVER and provided much comfort as the Giants went down...down...down.
Post a Comment