Saturday, January 10, 2009

Divisional Round - Day 1

Interesting slate of games this weekend, particularly today.


The big bear is hungry!

The afternoon game pegs the hottest team in the AFC against the team who lead the way all season.  Baltimore travels to Tennessee to take on the well reseted Titans for a chance to go to the AFC championship game.  Tennessee hasn't spent a day out of first place all year, and with Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch returning to action, presumably at full strength, Tennessee looks ready.  Don't sleep on the Titans here, they have a coach, Jeff Fischer, and a quarterback, Kerry Collins, who have been there before, both playing in a multitude of playoff games.

Sure Baltimore has a big D, but they are a turnover based team, if they don't score twice defensively, they will not win this game.  Tennessee does not turn the ball over frequently and I'd put more faith in Kerry Collins than rookie Joe Flacco who has shown some life, but is only playing in his 18th NFL game.  I say Tennessee 17 - Baltimore 10.


The night game has Arizona traveling to the east coast to take on Carolina.  Arizona has been unsuccessful all year (0-5) traveling east, including a week 8 loss to the Panthers in Carolina.  Kurt Warner may have found new life, but Anquan Boldin is questionable to play which will certainly hurt the Cards dangerous passing game.  It's no secret Carolina prefers to run the football and run the football some more, and then run it some more after that.  Arizona was able to stifle Michael Turner last week, but I don't see them stopping the relentless thunder and lighting attack of D'Angelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.   As long as Jake Delhomme doesn't turn the ball over more than twice, I don't see Arizona winning.  I'd take Carolina 31 - Arizona 28.

No comments: