Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Brett Favre So Long, Fairwell, Auf Weidersehen, Good Bye


Yea I had to Google that.

So news broke today from  both Ed Werder and Chris Mortenson of our favorite four letter Entertainment television channel.  Brett Favre has informed the Jets of his impending retirement.  I'm not surprised because if there is anything that can make Favre stop loving football, it's a season with the Jets.

The QB prospects of the future are....grim.  Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff and Erik Ainge round out the group that will likely compete for the starting job.  Everyone has given up on Clemens, I'm not ready to do that just yet, I'd like to see him with a year of tutelage from Brett Favre under his belt and an improved offensive line.  Although the receiving core is pretty weak.  We'll see...look for Clemens to likely win out.

Something a little fishy about this whole story though, after a much maligned season where both Werder and Mortenson found themselves at the center of stories instead of objectively covering them (T.O. and the Raiders coaching vacancy respectively) one can only think that ESPN lobbed them a softball on this one to two of their senior football gurus/reporters back on the right track.

No comments: