Monday, February 4, 2008

Upsetting Upset.



Ok ok so the Giants won. Not to sound like a douche, but I definitely started rooting for them in the second half when I really saw Brady-Bellicheck squirming and realized how absolutely fulfilling it would be to see them lose. Not to take anything away from the G-Men but the Pats really shit the bed (KSK). The Giants D really showed up and had one hell of a pass rush tormenting Teflon Tom like Lionel Richie, all night long. So 17-14, the Giants manned up and showed some testicular fortitude and smacked the beast in the mouth.

Tom Coughlin is one tough old school son of a bitch, but I guess all they needed was one less Barber around. Also tons of credit should go to Steve Spagnulo for calling a flawless defensive game plan. The hero of the day though was no question Eli Manning. He showed that although he is a little childish prick (see draft day '04), he still has a steel set of balls and had the coolest play I've seen in a long time, shaking off an entire defensive line and completing a nutso pass to David Tyree. Either way, the Giants are now world champs.

No comments: